Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Prayer of a Father and a Husband



Dear Jesus,  I place myself in Your presence. I put my whole life at Your disposal. I acknowledge my shortcomings and failures. I give up my pretenses and excuses. You lived among us and experienced a family. You shared the Father's love. You showed us how to be obedient and dutiful children. 





Today, my Lord, with Your blessing and guidance; I renew my marital commitment: 


to love my wife till my last breath, 
to serve and not to abuse, 
to cherish and not to forsake, 
to be faithful and not to betray, 
to forgive and not to accuse,
to protect and not to hurt.







With your grace, I also renew my obligation to my child: 

to take care of her as to give her a better future, 
to share my time as to let her feel that I love her, 
to give my love as to provide her a worthy life, 
to show her good examples as to rear her as a worthy child.


And for these, my dear God, I humbly seek Your blessing. Guide us against all harm and secure us from any danger. Let me live longer for my family. Let me be strong to work in view of their future. 


Make our house also Your home. Live among us and stay with us, dear Lord. May we live united as a family like the Holy Family at Nazareth. Amen.  

- Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment