Monday, December 5, 2011

A Child’s Commandments to Parents

Look through a child’s eyes and you will see the real meaning of life. Being a parent means you have been given life’s most miraculous and rewarding gift. A child gives you the chance to share genuinely the love and passion that dwells within your heart and soul. The moment a child enters your world, your life will definitely change.

As parents, it is our goal that we prepare our children. It is not necessarily an easy thing, but a simple one. We may fall short at times, but don’t get discouraged. Just keep doing your best and ask for heavenly guidance, for He knows the key to each of our children’s heart and how to mould them best. Below are a child’s commandments to parents on how to take care of them.

1. My hands are small, so please don't expect perfection if I make the bed, draw pictures or throw a ball. My legs are short, I may not keep up with you, so please be slow. 

2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have. Please let me explore safely and don’t restrict me unnecessarily. 

3. Housework will always be there and I'm only little for such a short time. Take the time to
teach and explain to me about the things in this beautiful world, and do it so willingly. 

4. Please be sensitive to my needs, for my feelings are tender.  Never nag me all day long. For sure, you wouldn't like to be nagged for your inquisitiveness. Treat me as you would like to be treated. 

5. Please treasure me for I am a special gift from God. Hold me accountable for my actions. Give me guidelines to live by and discipline me in a loving manner.

6. Please go easy on the criticism. Keep in mind that you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me. I need your encouragement and praise for me to grow.

7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions about myself. Allow me to fail so I can learn from my mistakes and someday, I'll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me. 

8. Please don't do things over for me, because it will make me feel that my efforts didn’t measure up to your expectations. I know it's hard, but please don't try to compare me with my brother or my sister. 

9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids like us needs vacations from parents too, just as parents need vacations from their kids. Moreover, it's a great way to show us that your marriage is very special. 

10. Please take me to worship regularly, setting good examples to follow. Strive to be the greatest parent you know you could be and eternally strive for growth and development.

Our God above has entrusted to us the care and love for these angels of His. They were sent to us as gifts and blessings. They are the hugs and kisses of our past and the love and comfort of our future. They deserve every right to be kids. Every child retiring to bed happily at night brings blessings, peace, and love to the family the next day. God who sent them to us is always watching and He never leaves them until the day that they go back to the place where they are truly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment